Thursday, August 12, 2010

Can my baby bump get any bigger?


The baby bump at 34 weeks and 3 days. I feel like I can't get any bigger but I still have a few more weeks for Colten to grow!

Definitely starting to feel how far along I am now. Corey says I am crabbier (which to be honest I totally am!). My feet are swelling a bit more, and I can no longer wear my rings. I can get them on, but they are getting tougher to get off so I figured to be safe I better quit wearing them. My back is gettting sore more often, and its definitely harder to get out of the bed and off of the couch with my belly being so big now. Bending over is also fun!

I am taking afternoon naps whenever possible and laying down during the day on weekends. I am actually sleeping better at night even though I am still getting up 3-4 times to go to the bathroom, but it seems that no matter how much sleep I get I still feel exhausted.

This Saturday is going to be a busy day. Corey and I have an Infant Care Class Saturday morning, and after lunch I am taking a breastfeeding class. They are taught at Healthfinders in the mall and are free which is great. That evening my Grandmother and Aunt Kym are throwing me my last baby shower for the Beckham side of my family. I am really excited to see everyone especially my family that lives out of town.

This past weekend I wore myself out working on organizing Colten's room. I did about 5 loads of laundry on Saturday. I washed and put away all of his clothes up to 3 months, blankets, bibs, burp cloths, socks, hats, and bedding. I finally put his bedding together on the crib and love it. During this week I have also washed the covers for his bouncy seat, carseat, and any stuffed animals that were washable. I am hoping after this last shower my Dr will allow me to make a day trip to Charleston to go to Babies R Us for any last items we haven't received. While there I want to pick up the closet organizers, and bins for his changing table so I can finished organizing everything. For now, a lot of things are in piles ready to be put away. I at least got his clothes either hung up in the closet or folded and put in his dresser.

Last night I washed all of the teethers, pacifiers, parts for the breastpump, medicine dispensers, etc. I put together our electric sterilizer so that once he comes I can throw everything in it. Its awesome, its holds 6 bottles and sterilizers in 5 minutes. I can also sterilize the pacifiers etc after any bottles. I am hoping I will be able to breastfeed and if so I won't need the bottles for a few weeks anyway.

I am trying to make a list of any last things I need to do before he comes so I can get them done in the next week or so. My next task is to pack my hospital bag and have Corey install the carseat in my car.

I go back to the Dr next Thursday the 19th for a checkup and to be tested for Group B Strep. I am hoping while I am there that they will go ahead and check my cervix since its only a week short of when they normally start doing that. Corey and I think he will make his arrival around the 7th or 8th of September...I guess we will be finding out soon when Colten wants to make his arrival!

2 comments:

  1. It can and it will! :) Crazy huh? Sounds like you are ready!! So exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes its crazy to think I can get any bigger...I am starting to feel more ready except for the becoming a Mommy part...I guess you are never ready for that until it happens though. Hope you are doing great - you won't be much further behind me!

    ReplyDelete