Tuesday, August 31, 2010

37 weeks - FULL TERM!


Hard to believe Colten is full term now! This pregnancy has flown by, but of course now seems to be slowing down since we are ready for his arrival! Had my 36 week checkup last Wednesday. I was 50% effaced (thinned out) and his head had dropped a bit. My doctor signed off to put me on bedrest starting Labor Day. I am glad that this is my last week as I am exhausted and swelling, and its much harder to climb the stairs to my office now! She still thought I would make it to 39 weeks but of course its all up to Colten now.


I go back tomorrow for my weekly checkup. I am hoping that I have thinned out some more, and maybe (fingers crossed) dilated some. If I have made significant progress I will probably go ahead and take off from work instead of finishing out the week.


I am still procrastinating on packing my hospital bag. I pretty much have everything I need to go in it, just haven't actually packed it yet. Corey wants to wait and pack his bag until I am actually in labor. The carseat has been installed so that is ready to go at least.


I will update after my appointment tomorrow - lets hope for some progress! I am ready to meet my sweet baby boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment